7 Of The Best Joker Quotes From Batman(1989) Movie

Seven of my favorite The Joker quotes from Tim Burton's 1989 Batman movie.

Batman is a 1989 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Jon Peters, based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It is the first installment of Warner Bros.' initial Batman film series.

The film stars Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman, alongside Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Robert Wuhl, Pat Hingle, Billy Dee Williams, Michael Gough and Jack Palance.

The 1989 Batman film is one of my all time favorites and it brings back alot of fond memories from my childhood.

For me Jack Nicholson made the best Joker, thats no disrespect to any of the other actors such as Heath Ledger, who have given life to The Joker in other movies.

But for me Nicholson and Tim Burton just got the blend right with the 1989 Joker, a great mix of crazy and hilarious. 

The Joker/Jack Napier had lots of great lines in the movie also.  Here are seven of my favorite Joker quotes...

1. Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? 



Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? - The Joker

What? - Bruce Wayne

I always ask that of all my prey. I just... like the sound of it. [shoots him] - The Joker

2. Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys ?


Where does he get those wonderful toys? - The Joker

3. You Wouldn't Hit A Guy With Glasses On, Would You, Huh ?




[reaches for a pair of glasses in his pocket and puts them on]

You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses on, would you? Huh? - The Joker

[Batman punches him]

4. I Thought I Was A Pisces.


You're insane! - Vicki Vale

I thought I was a Pisces. - The Joker

5. Never rub another man's Rhubarb.





Never rub another man's rhubarb. - The Joker

6. This Town Needs An Enema !



Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a bat gets all of my press? 

This town needs an enema! - The Joker

7. The Pen, Is Truly Mightier Than The Sword !


The pen, is truly mightier than the sword! - The Joker

Purchase Batman The Motion Picture Anthology on Bluray from Amazon below at:

 

Comments