7 Of The Best Donnie Brasco(1997) Movie Quotes

Seven of the best quotes from the 1997 mafia movie Donnie Brasco.

Donnie Brasco is a 1997 American crime drama film directed by Mike Newell and starring Al Pacino and Johnny Depp. Michael Madsen, Bruno Kirby, James Russo, and Anne Heche appeared in supporting roles.

The film is based on the true story of Joseph D. Pistone, an FBI undercover agent who infiltrated the Mafia Bonanno crime family in New York City during the 1970s, under the alias Donnie Brasco, aka "The Jewel Man".

1. A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong, he's right.




I'm always right.  A wise guy's always right.  Even when he's wrong, he's right.- Lefty

2. When I Introduce You, I'm Gonna Say 'This Is A Friend Of Mine"..




When I introduce you, I'm gonna say, "This is a friend of mine."  That means you're a connected guy.

If I said instead, "This is a friend of ours," that would mean you're a made guy.

Capisce? - Lefty
 
Yeah, "friend of mine." "Friend of ours."  What do I call you? "Friend of ours," or... - Donnie Brasco

You keep your mouth shut about me. - Lefty

3.  I'd Die With You Donnie...



A guy like you doesn't touch a made guy.

You know what I did yesterday?  I went in front of all the skippers.  That cocksucker Sonny Red, all of them.  I went on the record with you.

You know what that means?

I think I do. - Donnie Brasco 

You do? You ain't got no fucking idea, my friend.

Nobody can touch you now. I'm your man. Jesus Christ couldn't touch you, because I represent you.

So keep your nose clean, be a good earner, follow the rules, and who knows, maybe one day when they open the books, you get straightened out.  Become a wise guy.  A made guy. Come on, lift your glass.

I'd die with you, Donnie.  Anything happens, I'm responsible. - Lefty

4. Donnie, I Got Sent For..


Donnie, I got sent for.

In our thing, you get sent for, you go in alive, you come out dead and it's your best friend that does it. - Lefty

5. I'm Not Becoming Like Them, I Am Them.


All my life I've tried to be the good guy, the guy in the white fucking hat. And for what? For nothing. I'm not becoming like them; I am them. - Joe Pistone(Donnie Brasco)

6. "Forget about it.."




What's "Forget about it"? - FBI Technician
 
"Forget about it" is, like, if you agree with someone, you know, like "Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass. Forget about it!"

But then, if you disagree, like "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it!" You know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like, "Minghia! Those peppers! Forget about it!"

But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one-inch pecker?" and Paulie says "Forget about it!" Sometimes it just means "Forget about it." - Donnie Brasco

7. If You're A Rat, Then I'm The Biggest Mutt In The History Of The Mafia !





You think I'm a rat...? - Donnie Brasco

How many times have I had you in my house? If you're a rat, then I'm the biggest mutt in the history of the Mafia. - Lefty

Purchase Donnie Brasco on DVD from Amazon below at:

Comments